A former head of the CID Ravi Seneviratne has revealed hitherto unexposed details of investigations into the Easter Sunday terror attacks.
Participating in TNL television’s ‘Jana Handa’ programme last night (18), the retired DIG spoke at length about the attacks and the investigations.
Among the revelations he made was that a probe into a mobile phone of Army intelligence operative Bandara nicknamed ‘sonic-sonic’ via the IMEI no. had to be halted halfway.
The CID has never been implicated by any commission or the Supreme Court, and it had come to know that Zahran Hashim was behind the Vavunativu incident only after the terror attacks, he said.
Seneviratne went onto say that an international warrant had been obtained for Zahran’s arrest and that Sri Lankan intelligence was unaware of the impending attacks until India issued a warning.
Also listed by him of hindrances to the investigation were disruptions to the identification of Abuhid, failure to obtain information from Suresh Sallay even despite a court order and the presence of Army intelligence at the finding of explosives at Vavunativu when the CID arrived there.
Noting that not even the LTTE was able to launch coordinated simultaneous suicide attacks of this magnitude, Seneviratne said he suspected a powerful hand behind it all.
Given below is the full video of his interview: